- This event has passed.
Hawea Summer Festival
December 28, 2016 - January 2, 2017
The Lake Hawea Hotel hosts the 2016/17 Lake Hawea Summer Festival. From the 28th of December until the 2nd of January, artists both international and kiwi home grown will perform for a great week long new year’s party. This year the vibe will be totally different. 6 days of live performance for everyone. All genres will be showcased:
- Dance and Electro music on the 28th with the Rhythm and Alps pre party, ticketed event. Featuring Rufus supported by Arma Del Amor. Information on rhythmandalps.co.nz
- Black Lagoon on the 29th. Just to enjoy the lake and its surroundings before the big kick off.
- Australian country sensation Jared Porter will taking to the stage on the 30th. Free event.
- The central event of the festival – ‘Top Paddock’, will feature ten acts from around the globe. Sure to be a big day and seeing in the new year 2017, so get your tickets early from www.toppaddock.co.nz
- The Rock & Roll debrief with Brad Staley will be helping people to recover on the 1st of January. This mellow up & coming kiwi artist will be playing his rustic Lake Tekepo country charm. A really chilled evening for the crowd. Free event.
- The Lake Hawea Rodeo After-Party will kick off on the 2nd from 5pm. Local superstar Jody Direen will be performing on stage for a good country night. $15 entry.
During this week of entertainment, the Hawea Hopper bus will be back. Free pick up and drop off to Hawea, Hawea Flat, Luggate, Maugawera, and Wanaka.
Camping facilities will be provided for appropriate ticket holders with activities on daytime.